My clients often want to know the questions interviewers will ask. But, that’s almost impossible to predict because there isn’t a list of common questions. Yes, there are standard questions, but that’s a short list. Besides, many interviewers are seasoned executives, and not necessarily expert interviewers. However, there’s a better way of preparing – by understanding what the hiring organization needs to achieve at each stage of the interview process.
During the interviewing process, the hiring organization needs to answer these five questions:
- Do you have all the required skills, abilities and experience to do the job?
- Can the organization afford you?
- Do you have the necessary motivation, drive and work ethic to get the job done?
- Are you easy to supervise and manage?
- Will you fit with the team and the organization?
Most hiring organizations structure their interviewing process into two or three stages. Each stage delves deeper into each of these questions, and goes further down the list.